Welcome to Hinckley Archery Club
The Hinckley Archery Club welcomes beginners to the sport and runs beginners courses throughout the year, both indoors and out.
During the summer (April – September) we shoot outdoors on the fields at the Hinckley Town Football Club, Leicester Road B4668. Shooting times approx 6.00 pm till the light fades. Tuesdays and Thursdays.
In the winter months we move indoors to the Sports Hall, William Bradford Community College, Heath Lane, Earl Shilton, Leics. This is Thursdays only with the juniors starting at 7.00pm and adults at 8.00pm.
For more information about Hinckley Archers please contact our secretary:
Mr Ty Cruddas on 01455 632015
Archery Safety Rules
1. Do not put an arrow on the bow, or draw back unless you are on the shooting line and have the bow pointing in the direction of the target.
2. Do not cross the shooting line unless directed to do so by the “field captain”.
3. If you hear the command “FAST” whilst on the shooting line, do not release an arrow, but bring the bow down and take the arrow off the bow. FAST means that there is a problem with safety and shooting cannot commence until told to do so by the field captain. The shout “FAST” can be issued by any person who considers there is a safety problem.
4. Walk to the target when collecting arrows and approach from the side.
5. When removing arrows from the target ensure nobody is in front of the target before withdrawing them.
6. Walk back from the target with the arrows point down.
7. Do not pull a bow back and release it without an arrow on it as this can damage the bow limbs. (refer rule 1).